Thank you for your interest in Welburn Community Primary School. We trust our website will provide some answers to the questions you have about Welburn School. If you would like to know more, or see the school at work, then you will always be welcome and we will be delighted to show you around.
We always try and provide a safe environment where young children can learn and play and become good citizens for the future.
Please use the links below to view the sites.
Month of Newsletters
At Welburn we follow the Admissions Policy agreed with North Yorkshire Education Authority. Please view and check out the catchment areas.
Key Dates for Diaries
3rd May Bank Holiday
28th May Half Term
7th June Return to School
23rd July Break up for Summer
Our Ta Da List
We know that this past year has seen many things missed but we wanted to remind ourselves of all that we have still done and gained.
Here is our list of some of these:-
- Staff and pupils have learnt new technologies -Google Classrooms, Google Meet, Loom.
- Pupils have become more independent with computers.
- Continued staff development including school business manager course, lesson studies in maths, safeguarding courses and SEN training.
- Lots of self-study and research undertaken by staff.
- Continued to support vulnerable pupils and their families through interventions, regular phone calls and emails, admitting them to school during lockdowns.
- School traditions continued –Christmas plays, egg rolling, school council elected.
- Found new ways to connect and communicate with our families including on-line Parents’ Evenings and email.
- New traditions begun – Leavers’ Trees.
- Able to spend more time outdoors.