In order to achieve our Welburn Way we have designed our own, bespoke curriculum.
- is based on National Curriculum Programmes of Study.
- is relevant to our pupils, community and National priorities.
- makes connections between different areas of learning where appropriate.
- builds on previous learning.
- Promotes mental health and well-being.
- promotes understanding.
- values quality and depth over quantity and coverage.
- is responsive and promotes engagement and enjoyment.
- is designed by subject leaders with input from all teaching staff.
- is regularly evaluated, updated and rewritten where necessary.
- does not get set aside in order to prioritise national testing.
The national curriculum is a set of subjects and standards used by primary and secondary schools so children learn the same things. It covers what subjects are taught and the standards children should reach in each subject.
The National Curriculum sets out the minimum content for our curriculum. Please use the links below to find out what our children will be taught.
As some of you may already be aware, Relationships and Sex Education (RSE), along with Health Education, is a statutory part of the National Curriculum.
We have published our draft policy here.
Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) Policy
Schools are required to consult with parents when developing and reviewing their policies for Relationships and (RSE), which will inform schools’ decisions on when and how certain content is covered. We would really appreciate it if parents could read through the policy and guidance and share any thoughts you may have with us.
Please email any comments to firstname.lastname@example.org