Here is an overview of our curriculum subjects. For more details of individual subjects including progression and expectations please contact the school office.
Our intent for this curriculum:
- based on National Curriculum Programmes of Study.
- relevant to our pupils, community and National priorities.
- inclusive of all our pupils.
- celebrates diversity.
- promote British Values.
- makes connections between different areas of learning where appropriate-3D curriculum
- builds on previous learning.
- promotes thinking.
- promotes mental health and well-being.
- promotes understanding.
- values quality and depth over quantity and coverage.
- responsive and promotes engagement and enjoyment.
- designed by subject leaders with input from all teaching staff.
- regularly evaluated, updated and rewritten where necessary.
- not set aside in order to prioritise national testing.
The national curriculum is a set of subjects and standards used by primary and secondary schools so children learn the same things. It covers what subjects are taught and the standards children should reach in each subject.
The National Curriculum sets out the minimum content for our curriculum. Please use the links below to find out what our children will be taught.
Our School Curriculum
Here is an overview of our curriculum subjects. For more information about our individual subjects, please contact the school office.
Our chosen phonics scheme is Little Wandle.