We have worked hard over the last 18 months to develop effective remote learning for all our pupils.
Our Remote Learning Policy details our approach but here are some of the headlines if we ever need this approach again:-
- Each class has their own Google Classroom.
- Y5 &6 pupils usually have two ‘live’ meetings each day.
- Y3&4 have a daily ‘Meet’.
- Our younger pupils meet at least once a week.
- We do not expect our families to spend a fortune on printing off work.
- We try where ever possible to make work relevant, fun, practical and engaging.
- Each class has a daily story video.
- Y5 and 6 pupils have the use of a computer from school.
- Computers are available for any other year groups to borrow where needed.
We also work hard to stay in contact with our families because we know that this sense of belonging really helped us all get through the lockdowns.
We use email and ‘phone calls to help us feel connected.
We hope it isn’t needed again but we are ready if it is!